Monday, September 24, 2007

Feminin Strik Comes to the USA!

Those who drooled over the Danish masterpiece Feminin Strik, but didn't want to pay the postage, can rejoice in the fact that Debbie Gremlitz of Nordic Fiber Arts will be carrying the book sometime in October.

There was also some talk about getting it translated in this Knitty thread.

Those who do have the book can participate in a loosely organized KAL for the Circle sweater with me and KnitYoga.

Got my yarn, got my needles, and even got my translation! Ready to roll!


14 comments:

Soo said...

Yippeee! More lace in foreign languages to conquer.

Bring it on!

GretchenX said...

I want the sweater/sweaterette from on the front of the book!!!

Anonymous said...

The lace jacket looks rather like the Hemlock pattern that is causing such a fuss at the moment.

Lacefreak said...

Dear fleele,

That's really very beautiful! I can't wait to see what you choose for yarn. I think I caught this "Knitting in languages other than English" thing from you. I'm going to have to take a closer look at that book!

Eve said...

Woooohooooo

Opal said...

Yay!

fluffbuff said...

Oooh, exciting! I can't wait to see that book.

GretchenX said...

oh - how is the spider shawl coming along?

fleegle said...

Dear Gretchenx--

I am exactly halfway around the border as of this morning. It gets more boring with every repeat, sigh.

GretchenX said...

Think of all the work that you put into it - and you are already half way through!

Or, think of how jealous everyone will be once you are finished!!!

Do either of these help?

;)

fleegle said...

Dear Gretchenx:

No. :)

Courtney said...

That circle sweater kinda looks like my Hemlockring blanket with sleeves :-)

fleegle said...

Which looks like the purple circular shawl in Gathering of Lace...

Kitty Kitty said...

I am so excited about this. I tried ordering from the site that you listed and didn't have much luck.